TECHNICAL INFORMATION FOR
AMPLIFICATION AND SOUND MATERIAL:
- 4 loudspeakers should be hanging as indicated in the score.
(If it’s not possible they have to be on stands, but it’s not ideal for the percussionist.)
- Harp is amplified
- E-guitar need its own monitor loudspeaker and it should have a line to the mixing desk.
- Keyboard need sound material, connected with Mac computer, all sounds can be played with "KONTAKT" software (3.5 version or higher).
If the 'Kontakt' program installed on your Mac computer, you can download the sound program from FTP server. Peter Eötvös Composition Studio send all acess info of the FTP.
If you have no KONTAKT (v3.5) program, it is possible to download a 3.5 version of KONTAKT from the given FTP.
Instead of using computer there is an other possiblity for keyboard program: sound material on CD for AKAI 5000 (or 6000) sampler, sent by post. The keyboard player needs a small monitor for himself and also a line to the mixing desk. The AKAI sampler and the reading device for the programme need to be taken care of in time.
Contact address for sound material:
Peter Eötvös Composititon Studio Llc
H-1025 Budapest, Cseppkö utca 53.
ORCHESTRAL SET UP
- In the back of the stage there are 4 loudspeaker A-B-C-D, hanging 4-5 meters high. Connections: Harp to the AB, E-Guitar to the CD, Keyboard to the ABCD loudspeakers.
- In front of the loudspeakers there are 4 percussionists (1-2-3-4 from left to the right). The visual impression of the percussion is dominated by the four deepest gongs which are suspended at an equal distance head-on to the audience, just above head height of the musicians.
- in front of the percussion line are the harp (left), keyboard and E-guitar (right) together.
- In front of the harp-keyboard-E-guitar there should be one line of the following instruments from left to right:
Trumpet 1 – Trombone 1 – Horn 1 – Bass Clarinet – Tuba – Bassoon 1 - Saxophone – Horn 2 – Trombone 2 – Trumpet 2
- In front of them another line with the following instruments from left to right:
Flute 2 – Bassoon 2 – Clarinet 2 – Oboe 2 – Clarinet 1 – Oboe 1 – Oboe 3 – Clarinet 3 – Bassoon 3 – Flute 3
- In front of them one more line with the following instruments from left to right:
two Double basses (1. 2.Db) - Cello 4 – Cello 2 - Viola 4 - Viola 2 – Cello 1 (central) – Viola 1 – Viola 3 – Cello 3 – Viola 5 – Cello 5 - two Double basses (3.4. Db)
- Flute 1 sits between Cello 1 and conductor’s stand, central (slighly left from the conductor) position, because of its solo at the end of the piece.
- 6 Violins play on the balconies in the hall:
Violin 1, 3, 5 on left balcony (front-middle-back position), Violin 2, 4, 6 on right balcony (front-middle-back position). They only need one stand with light and they play standing. Monitors, if needed.
- There should be a small mixing desk in the hall.
The sound engineer should attend all rehearsals.
The sounds are distributed by Peter Eötvös Composition Studio
For more information and sound material please contact
Peter Eötvös Composition Studio